I’m happy to say that we approach the halfway mark of this year’s 31 Days of Oscar Blogathon without incident or controversy. As is the case with my co-hosts, I will not be hosting any posts during commercials today, my day to host this year’s event. To put you at ease here is a 1957 Oldsmobile commercial, which aired during the Academy Awards ceremony that year. I will watch it with you thereby pausing my hosting duties.
Welcome back. Before we get to today’s list of entries, you might want to visit the Announcement post, which includes the entire participant roster. Also, be sure to visit Kellee at Outspoken & Freckled and the Day One submissions. Terrific stuff there. Otherwise, I’m getting to the main course of this entry, the tributes to the movies and the people who have had relationships with Oscar…or should have had. Enjoy!
- We begin Day Two with this fascinating recounting of when Audrey Hepburn hurt a friend at the 1965 Oscars, I am only just emerging from a small nightmare… by Stars and Letters
- In this entry The Stop Button offers a terrific, well-deserved tribute to Eleanor Parker: Oscar Nominee
- A year to remember. The Best Supporting Actress Nominees at the 1953 Academy Awards take the spotlight at The Old Hollywood Garden
- Peter Swashbuckles to an Oscar Nomination over at The Movie Night Group’s Guide to Classic Film. How many times should this amazing actor have won an Oscar? Many.
- Danny’s Reviews makes great arguments for The Top 5 Acting Oscar Nominees That Should Have Won
- Wolffian Classic Movies Digest makes a case for the obvious with flair, reminding us of why Hitchcock Should Have Won an Oscar
Those are today’s enjoyable entries. Paula will host the third and final day tomorrow at her Cinema Club leaving you free to enjoy the 91st installment of the Oscars on ABC. I also highly recommend you carve out as much time as you can to enjoy the final days of TCM’s 31 Days of Oscar marathon.
I tip my hat to my fabulous co-hosts, Kellee and Paula, thank YOU for stopping in for a visit and all of the fantastic bloggers who are participating in this year’s event! As always I learn and love classic film through your eyes as much as through mine.
Hi! I can’t wait to read everyone’s posts. Here’s my contribution: https://palewriter2.home.blog/2019/02/23/men-have-known-you-mona-lisa-winning-best-original-song/#more-2153
Thanks! Paula will host your tomorrow. Look forward to reading it. 🙂
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it 🙂
Hi Aurora. I will have my entry posted tomorrow.
Ok, great. Paula will host it. Thank you!
Hi Aurora. Here is my entry. I will also submit it to Paula’s blog, as she’s hosting today.
Reblogged this on Paula's Cinema Club and commented:
Day 2 of 31 Days of Oscar 2019
Great line-up. I should get myself organized and participate next year.
That would be great, Christian!
Reblogged this on Outspoken and Freckled and commented:
I passed the baton for DAY TWO of the #31DaysOfOscar Blogathon to fellow and phenomenal co-host Aurora of Once Upon A Screen…