We’re back for a fifth consecutive year to honor the versatility and depth of supporting players with the WHAT A CHARACTER! Blogathon. Based on a phrase borrowed from Turner Classic Movies (TCM) the WHAT A CHARACTER! Blogathon is an event that many look forward to each year. Your enthusiasm for paying tribute to the oft nameless faces that appear in countless beloved classic movies is admirable. Kellee, Paula and I extend a sincere thanks to all the bloggers who have joined us in the previous four years and invite you all to help us make the fifth anniversary extra special.
And please adhere to the following:
- Let one of the hosts know which character actor is your choice.
- We will not accept repeats since there are so many greats worthy of attention, but your choices are not limited to classics. You can choose any character actor from any era and from the medium of television, which featured a number of talented regulars. Scroll down to see the list of chosen characters.
- Don’t take it for granted we know exactly who you are or where your blog resides – please include the title and url to your blog.
- Publish the post for either December 16, 17 & 18. Let us know if you have a date preference, otherwise we’ll split publicizing duties equally among the three days.
- Please include one of Paula’s beautiful event banners on your blog to help us promote the event and include it in your post.
- It would be really helpful if you can send any of us the direct link to your post. Searching on social media sites can lead to missed entries.
- HAVE FUN and spread the word!
A big thank you – HAPPY BLOGGING!
#WhatACharacter Roll Call
Alphabetized by Character Actor (More or less)
Joan Blondell – Outspoken & Freckled
Eileen Brennan – Cindy Bruchman
John Carradine – Blogferatu
Elisha Cook, Jr. – Film Noir Archive
Margaret Dumont – Critica Retro
Hope Emerson – Shadows and Satin
Stanley Fields – Immortal Ephemera
Ruth Gordon – The Last Drive-In
Sidney Greenstreet – Old Hollywood Films
Edmund Gwenn – Once Upon a Screen
John Hillerman – The Midnite Drive-In
Edward Everett Horton – Movies Silently
Arthur Kennedy – The Wonderful World of Cinema
Paula’s Cinema Club – Leonid Kinskey
Charles Lane – A Shroud of Thoughts
Victor McLaglen – Gary Pratt on Outspoken & Freckled
Ben Mendelsohn – Anna, Look!
Agnes Moorehead – In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood
Mildred Natwick – Phyllis Loves Classic Movies
Una O’Connor – Wolffian Classic Movies Digest
Alan Rickman – Realweegiemidget Reviews
Ruth Roman – CineMaven’s Essays From the Couch
Margaret Rutherford – Life’s Daily Lessons
J. K. Simmons – Movie Movie Blog Blog
E. Emmet Walsh – Jack Deth on Paula’s Cinema Club
David Wayne – Blog of the Darned
Michael Wincott – Thoughts All Sorts
Cora Witherspoon – Caftan Woman