The crowd is gathering as the time nears for what promises to be a history making blogathon – about history. We’re expecting over ninety entries covering nearly the entire lifespan of motion pictures. Add to that a fantastic giveaway opportunity thanks to our sponsor Flicker Alley, which is supporting the event in honor of its release of Dziga Vertov: The Man with the Movie Camera and Other Newly-Restored Works and 3-D Rarities (did you know it is the centenary of 3D film?) a large portion of which I got to see when the compilation premiered at MoMA a couple of weeks ago. FANTASTIC!
Anyway – my co-hosts for the Classic Movie History Project are Ruth of Silver Screenings and Fritzi of Movies, Silently (who authored the portions of this reminder post that make sense). I’ll be publishing a post on this blog on my hosting day for the Golden Age and will link to Fritzi for Silents and Ruth for Modern times. But you can visit any of our blogs at any time for updates. The full roster of entries can be accessed here.
And now a few friendly reminders to all our participants:
- Please inform the hostess you “belong” to that you have posted and provide the URL.
- Please link to the event page for the era you are covering.Fritzi is hosting the silent era, I am hosting the Golden Age and Ruth is hosting the modern era.
- Flicker Alley is helping spread the word about the event and is basically acting as a forth host so please link to them as well, if possible.
- If there are any issues with the links or any other concerns, please contact one of us.
- Feel free to contact Ruth, Fritzi or myself if you have any questions. We don’t bite. Well, not often. (Speak for yourself, Fritzi)
We are three excited dames let me tell ya! And we hope you’re looking forward to this as well. If you want to be brought up to speed with background and details visit the updated announcement post here.